From: fajfusio@××.pl
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xserver does not work after upgrade
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:11:47
1 Dnia 27-05-2011 o godz. 17:27 Sebastian Beßler napisa³(a):
2 > Am 27.05.2011 17:09, schrieb fajfusio@××.pl:
3 >
4 > > I found that "hal" has been unmerged during an upgrade. I installed it
5 > again
6 > > and launching it at startup.
7 >
8 > HAL was removed for a reason, it is not longer used by xserver.
9 > You have to use Udev for that now.
10
11 Thanks for your help.
12 There were 2 ways of solving that problem.
13 1. To use the most recent genkernel with default genkernel configuration - it has got proper drivers for my graphic interface enabled
14 2. To compile kernel drivers for my graphics interface as was stated after emerging xorg drivers (I didn't find it earlier - sorry)
15
16 again, thanks for your help