From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] coldplug module autoloading, and module options
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:25:10
1 Hey,
2
3 I've just finally figured out why I've not been able to get bonding working
4 properly, after a 2 days messing about with Xen and bonding.
5 Looks like coldplug is loading the bonding module, after it's loading a nic
6 driver.
7 This is a problem though, the bonding module needs arguments, which I've setup
8 in /etc/modules.d/bond (as supplied by the ebuild), and modules-update'd.
9 If I remove the module after it's booted, and start the interface, the
10 arguments get read correctly, as I've accessed bond0 the options to bonding
11 for bond0 get applied.
12
13 Can I get coldplug to ignore a single module?
14 Or is there a better way? I can specify the arguments along with the module in
15 modules.autoload, but I'd rather not, it doesn't feel right.
16
17 Thanks
20 Mike Williams
21 --