From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Deactivate keyboard
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 16:39:55
1 On Wed, 30 May 2007 00:34:00 +0200
2 "Lutz Schönemann" <Lutz.Schoenemann@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I have set up Gentoo on a system that I would like to use as a video,
7 > music player and sometimes to check my emails. There is a remote
8 > control connected to it and is detected as a serial keyboard. Now I
9 > want the xorg-server not to process events coming from this
10 > "keyboard". I also have a bluetooth keyboard that I want to connect
11 > to that system and events coming from this keyboard should be
12 > processed.
13 >
14 > So, is it possible to deactivate one keyboard?
15 >
16 > Thanks for help
17 You're on the right track, having found the relevant part of
18 xorg.conf. Next, you must use the 'evdev' input driver rather than
19 keyboard and then you can specify the keyboard(s) via event numbers, as
20 listed in /proc/bus/input/devices. If your keyboard appears twice use
21 only the first eventX listing. You'll need one entry per keyboard.
22
23 If you need more information on how you can specify keyboards
24 precisely, look into configuraitons for 'Multi-Seat' X.
25
26 Good luck,
27 Dan Farrell
28 --