From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] notebook lcd resolution problem
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:15:34
1 On Wednesday 18 July 2007 15:23, Stefán István wrote:
2 > Thanks for the help, it works now!
3 >
4 > But one thing is still not clear for me: why isn't xorg able to determine
5 > the horizsync and vertrefresh rates automatically?
6
7 You could try adding:
8
9 Option "DDCMode" "True"
10
11 under Section "Device". However, this may be a deprecated setting, not sure
12 what the current equivalent is. I also noticed that you have device settings
13 for two cards with two different drivers. The "nv" driver complains:
14
15 (WW) NV: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:10:3) found
16
17 Perhaps you should look into your Device settings a bit more (I am not
18 familiar with Nvidia or your particular hardware). On my laptop I only have
19 one Device section (well I am lying, I have two, but the second one is set up
20 for TV out), nevertheless, external monitors are being picked up all the
21 same.
22
23 HTH.
24 --