From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 2.26 stable?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:39:48
1 Keith Dart schrieb:
2
3 > Just FYI, I always run unstable (now ~amd64), and rarely have problems,
4 > and those are mostly compile problems related to my particular mix of
5 > USE flags. Those are quickly fixed. Once running, everything has been
6 > stable for me. I guess that since "unstable" is so stable that no one
7 > is inclined to unmask it for "stable" mask. ;-)
8 >
9 > So go for it...
10 >
11 > By far the biggest headaches have been all the changes happening in the
12 > Xorg world, but that seems to have stabilized now also.
13 >
14 > But always keep in mind that as a Gentoo user you are your own system's
15 > integrator...
16
17 oh yes ...
18
19 Keith, Albert, James, thanks for your replies ...
20
21 I will consider trying this although I would prefer not to go completely
22 ~amd64 ... as I am very happy with the overall state of my system ...
23 you know, the old dilemma :-)
24
25 I will look into getting 2.26 soon, thanks.
26
27 Stefan