From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Any luck with the postfix upgrade?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 03:52:51
1 On 2007-02-25, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello, apparently it's time for me to upgrade like so:
3 >
4 > mail-mta/postfix-2.3.6 [2.2.10]
5 >
6 > Has anyone else made this upgrade?
7
8 Yup.
9
10 > How did it go?
11
12 OK, though I somehow forgot to merge my settings into the new
13 .cf files on one machine. It ran with the out-of-box config
14 for a few days (not using a relayhost) -- which worked fine
15 until I tried to send mail to a destination that didn't accept
16 mail from dynamic IP addresses.
17
18 > Anything to watch out for?
19
20 I think the config file syntax for database files has changed a
21 little bit. IIRC, in the config file I had to prepend "hash:"
22 onto a file's path name to make the new postfix happy.
25 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I want the presidency
26 at so bad I can already taste
27 visi.com the hors d'oeuvres.
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list