From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gpg2 - error gpg: public key decryption failed: No pinentry
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:57:11
1 On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 21:39:29 +0100, Alexander Ben Nasrallah wrote:
2
3 > >> Have you logged in as a user which has a key pair configured on the
4 > >> PC?
5 > >
6 > > I just copied 'scp' entire subfolder ".gnupg/" from one system to
7 > > another. It works when I click on the file at the computer but not
8 > > over ssh.
11 > Have you tried pinentry-curses? I'm not sure if qt version works over
12 > ssh.
13
14 Or use ssh -Y to connect, and have X forwarding enabled on the server.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Velilind's Laws of Experimentation:
21 1. If reproducibility may be a problem, conduct the test only once.
22 2. If a straight line fit is required, obtain only two data points.