From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Printing text with lpr
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 03:24:14
1 On 03/31/09 19:40, Grant wrote:
2 >I have a Brother QL-570 label printer printing on 29x90mm labels. My
3 >goal is to have 6 characters printed across the center of the label.
4 >It prints like this:
5 >
6 >$ echo 123456 | lpr
7 >
8 >but the text is in the upper corner of the label, it has the wrong
9 >orientation, and the font is too small.
10 >
11 >It also prints like this:
12 >
13 >$ lpr test.png
14 >
15 >but the text doesn't come out very crisp, and I'd rather not create a
16 >file with imagemagick for each label to print. Is there another way
17 >to print large, properly oriented text on the fly?
18 >
19 >- Grant
20
21 It is not very well supported under Linux:
22 http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Brother-QL-570
25 Joseph