From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] accidentally deleted the /usr (I'm gonna kill myself!)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 09:11:46
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 25/08/2014 08:17, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 11:58:36PM +0430, behrouz khosravi wrote:
4 >>> Hi. I just accidentally removed the /usr folder!
5 >>> And I am sure the /usr/bin and several other folders are gone!
6 >>> Should I go for a complete re-install or there is any other solution?
7 >>> Thanks and I hope that I wont find that blade that I am looking for!
8 >> You should be able to get away with an emerge @system @world -evDN instead of
9 >> a complete re-install.
10 >> You should first get a copy of a minimal working /usr though (like from
11 >> a stage3 tarball), otherwise you will run into errors as /usr/bin is where
12 >> python and other stuff resides that you'll need for installation.
13 >
14 > gcc is also in /usr which happily guarantees that nothing can be fixed
15 > without unpacking a stage first
20 It seems moving so much critical stuff to /usr was a really bright
21 move. < lots of sarcasm there >
22
23 Dale
24