From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] world file cheating
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 18:58:37
1 Hello,
2
3 Some time ago, I copied a world file (/var/lib/portage/world)
4 from a system with lots of installed software to a 'clone'
5 system newly installed with gentoo....
6
7 Now 'emaint --check world' suggests that not all of those packages have
8 been installed. (Busted). I was not responsible enough to verify
9 that the clone was 100% similar with the identical ebuilds.
10 I thought I had found a way to duplicate the installed software,
11 merely by copying the world file from another system.
12
13 Any better ideas on how to duplicate gentoo systems,
14 with the installed list of ebuilds matching?
15
16 thoughts and ideas?
17
18 James