From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two things about portage
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:44:14
1 On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:27:48 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Is it only me who sees a difference between the order in which portage
4 > offers to install packages and the order in which it does install them?
5
6 I see it too, I've always put it down to my use of --jobs. It means
7 portage cannot start installing a package until all its dependencies are
8 installed, so it picks the next available package to install.
12 Neil Bothwick
13
14 Snacktrek, n.:
15 The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly
16 returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have
17 materialized.