From: Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync + tar + bz2 ?
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 21:48:12
1 Am Samstag, den 07.03.2009, 08:04 -0800 schrieb Grant:
2 > I'm backing up numerous large files on another machine on my local
3 > network. I've only been using rsync, but it occured to me that I
4 > might be able to save some time and space if I incorporate tar and
5 > bzip2. How will rsync interact with those? If I turn the whole
6 > backup into a big tar.bz2, would rsync need to redownload the whole
7 > thing if I change one file? If so, maybe I should turn different
8 > groups of files into tar.bz2 archives so rsync only needs to
9 > redownload an archive if one of its files has changed?
10 >
11 > - Grant
12
13 You may be interested in duplicity: http://duplicity.nongnu.org/