From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Need for revdep-rebuild
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:15:53
1 On 07/25/2011 10:27 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Just a note to anyone who hasn't already found out the hard way:
5 >
6 > After upgrading icu today I found that system-config-printer-common wouldn't
7 > compile because it couldn't find the right icu library.
8
9 Just one package? You got off easy. I shudder when I see an icu update
10 because my three biggest packages depend on it: libreoffice, boost, and
11 webkit-gtk. The icu update+revdep-rebuild always runs all night (or longer).
12 My electricity bill goes up that month :(