From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 13:32:41
1 On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 01:57:39 +0100 (CET), Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2
3 > Yes. That's true and I agree. But since emacs was proposed
4 > as a way to overcome the natural limitations of info, I guess
5 > that's completely fair if others point out also the disadvantages
6 > of doing so. All in all, we could also say how nice is man in
7 > konqueror, but that wouldn't be fair, would it?
8
9 Everyone's more or less agreeing here, that the info format is useful but
10 the standard info reader sucks. Once you start reading info pages in a
11 decent reader, like Konqueror, they are useful for more complex
12 documents. Although I'd still prefer HTML, mainly because of the
13 wide choice of readers available.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.