From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My Gentoo is too secure ... ;)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:55:49
1 On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:08:36 +0000
2 b.n. wrote:
3
4 > >>I think you just need to add the user to the wheel group.
5 > >>HTH
6 > >
7 > > which you probably cannot do without logging in as root at a console as
8 > > once you log into X as user, you cannot su. chicken egg chicken egg.
9 >
10 > ?!?
11 > where's the problem?
12 > logins as root at the tty --> adds user to wheel --> startx --> everyone
13 > is happy.
14
15 Oh I agree, I only meant that trying to do it from within a user login
16 (including X) created the chicken/egg problem.
17
18 Also of course you have to remember that you need to log in afresh after
19 being added to a new group!
22 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list