From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any vbox made gentoo vm appliances available for dload
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 23:22:31
1 On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Creating a gentoo vm has always been a serious pita to me.  I'm sure
3 > there will be those who claim its `simple'.
4 >
5 > Simple or not, I want to bypass it if possible.
6 >
7 > So wondering if anyone here has (or has seen) a gentoo (vbox)
8 > appliance available for download?
13 They are out there but my experience is they are generally sort of old
14 and unmaintained. Being a Gentoo user you know a Gentoo machine with
15 no updates for a year is almost useless in terms of moving forward.
16
17 Anyway, here's one I found in Google:
18
19 http://virtualboxes.org/images/gentoo/
20
21 HTH,