From: Michael Vetter <michael.vetter@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] hibernation
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:32:26
1 Hello there,
2
3 I use i3 as my window manager and use xfce4-power-manager for saving
4 battery and stuff on my laptop. Today I tried "hibernation" for the
5 first time and realized: it does not work.
6
7 All I did so far was installing fce4-power-manager selecting some
8 sections in kernel config that seemed necessary and installed polkit.
9
10 However when I close my notebook's lid (I configured xfce4-power-manager
11 to switch into hibernation in this case) it shuts down, but when i press
12 the start button, it just does a normal restart.
13 What am I missing?
14
15 Michael