From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Madhu <enometh@××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-user+owner@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 05:09:00
1 (Replying as listowner, but I'm also on the nomail version of
2 gentoo-user, please CC to gentoo-user+owner@l.g.o or to me
3 directly for most mail)
4
5 On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 07:35:20AM +0530, Madhu wrote:
6 > I had subscribed to gentoo-user on 2022-05-25, and posted a message on
7 > that date.
8 >
9 > I then wished to change my subscription to no-mail delivery. The
10 > instructions I received after sending a message to
11 > gentoo-user+help@l.g.o indicated I could do this by sending
12 > a message to gentoo-user+subscribe-nomail@l.g.o, which I
13 > did. and I got a response saying
14 >
15 > "Thank you for confirming your subscription. You have now been added to the
16 > no-mail version of the list."
17 >
18 > However the email address is still receiving messages from the
19 > list. Apparently my email is subscribed on two lists - the mail
20 > version and the non-mail version, and there doesn't seem to be any way
21 > to unsubscribe only from the mail-version while remaining on the
22 > latter.
23 ...
24 > Could I request the list owner to make sure I remain subscribed to the
25 > the list while not receiving copies in the mail?
26 I don't see any requests to unsubscribe from the regular version of the
27 list.
28
29 The regular/digest/nomail subscriptions are entirely independent.
30
31 Just subscribing to the nomail version of the list does not impact your
32 other subscriptions at all.
33
34 Did some part of the documentation make you think it would impact the
35 subscription?
36
37 Regardless, how do you feel the documentation could improve to make it
38 clear that they are separate.
41 Robin Hugh Johnson
42 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
43 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
44 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
45 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136