From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Allow non root users to edit files owned by root?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:20:55
1 On 12/20/2011 05:04 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > I have a new hosted VM server that I want to allow a user to be able to
3 > edit files owned by root, but without giving them the root password.
4
5 If you allow someone to edit root owned files, you're practically giving
6 him root access. So the fact that he doesn't know the root password is
7 totally irrelevant; he doesn't even need the password anymore to gain
8 root access since he already has that access.
9
10 So you might want to rethink the way you want to allow him to edit those
11 files.