From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] splitting audio file at points of silence ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 08:44:39
1 On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 10:19:05AM +0200, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Searching the internet for "split audio at silence" and similiar
3 > gives me this link
4 > https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/318164/
5 >
6 > which uses a program called "silence" to detect the silence.
7 >
8 > Unfortunately I can't figure out, what package contains that program
9 > or from where I can download that program.
10
11 There is no binary in Portage providing the binary "silence":
12
13 $ e-file silence
14
15 * net-irc/irssi
16 Available Versions: 1.0.0 1.0.7 1.2.1 1.2.2
17 Homepage: https://irssi.org/
19 support
20 Matched Files: /usr/share/irssi/help/silence;
21
22 However, there is `mp3splt`, provided in the package `media-sound/mp3splt`.
23 It's described in the question provided as a comment to your UNIX S.E.\ link.
24 [1]
25
26 > The input audio is a flac file and I don't want to convert this into
27 > any lossy audio format to preserve as much as possible of the signal.
28
29 mp3splt primarily works with mp3s, but can also support ogg, which can be a
30 container format for flac. I've never used it myself, but it looks promising,
31 providing you are OK with placing your flacs inside an ogg.
32
33 Hope this helps.
34
35 [1] https://askubuntu.com/questions/27574