From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] the best filesystem for server: XFS or JFS (or?)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:59:41
1 On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:13:48 +0100, Mr. Jarry wrote:
2
3 > ext3/4:
4 > I excluded them because as I understand, they do not support
5 > snapshots (only with lvm, which I do not use, and
6 >I've hreard
7 > snapshots in lvm are not very effective, or something like that).
8 > Next minus-point, I tried resizing of ext3/lvm once in the past
9 > and remember it was a real pain in a**...
10
11 Resizing LVM and ext3/4 is as easy as it gets
12
13 lvresize -L+5G /dev/vg/lv
14 resize2fs /dev/vg/lv
15
16 No need to mess around with cfdisk/fdisk/parted.
17
18 Also, letting LVM handle snapshots means you have a consistent way of
19 doing things, independent of the filesystem.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 WinErr 103: Error buffer overflow - Too many errors encountered.
26 Additional errors may not be displayed or recorded.