From: scott n-h <frogstarr78@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Basic device for a Gentoo router/firewall?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 04:00:03
1 These are used for router/firewall: http://www.soekris.com/
2 I would suspect that you could get Gentoo installed on it although I haven't
3 only seen it used w/ the Monowall which was branched from FreeBSD.
4
5 On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
6
7 > Does anyone know of a basic device that would function well as a
8 > Gentoo router/firewall? Using typical hardware seems like overkill.
9 > I should be able to offload package compilation duties to another
10 > local machine on the network. It would also be nice if it were small,
11 > cheap, and power-efficient.
12 >
13 > - Grant