From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: elogviewer and something odd with equery
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:35:45
1 On 04/26/2010 10:59 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > walt wrote:
3 >> On 04/25/2010 09:25 PM, Dale wrote:
4 >>> Hi folks,
5 >>>
6 >>> I have had elogv and elogviewer installed for a while. I only use it on occasion but when I tried to use it the other day I get this little error message:
7 >>>
8 >>> root@smoker / # elogviewer
9 >>> No protocol specified
10 >>> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
11 >>
12 >> Do you have the DISPLAY variable set properly in root's environment?
17 > Apparently something got changed with a update. I tried to run hp-setup a bit ago and it failed too. It gave this error:
18 >
19 > No protocol specified
20 > hp-setup: cannot connect to X server :0.0
21
22 Wait, this is more complicated than I thought. The error above clearly mentions
23 display :0.0, which should be correct unless you're running multiple X sessions.
24 When I 'unset DISPLAY' I get 'DISPLAY is not set'.
25
26 Do you have any files like /root/.xauthXXXXXX?