From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No more ASCII progress bar for Suspend2 hibernate
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:27:17
1 Hello,
2
3 On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 02:44:21PM -0500, Henk Boom wrote:
4 > Hi, I have just done an emerge -uDNav world, and when I hibernate
5 > (suspend2) with the 'hibernate' script, it no longer displays the
6 > progress bar showing how long it will take to finish. I am using
7 > suspend2-sources-2.6.17-r6, and I have not re-compiled my kernel since
8 > the emerge. Its sources are still in /usr/src/.
9 >
10 > What handles drawing the progress bar, and what can I do to get it to
11 > work again? Please tell me if I need to post additional information.
12
13 The thing is suspend2-userui. However, I personally recommend using
14 suspend version 1. It does not have all the drawings of progress and
15 contains less features, but less bugs as well (with the 2. version, I
16 had the feeling my computer is hunted). Besides, the second version is
17 huge in the amount of code in kernel.
18
19 And I do not know, what stopped working. Did you do any updates to your
20 hibernate script configs?
21
22 Have a nice day
26