From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: pambase/shadow warning
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:58:10
1 On 20/04/12 00:47, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:57:45 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >> Good thing I don't have pambase installed :-P
5 >
6 > This is a recent build, so I thought I'd come out of the stone age and
7 > try using pam. That cave looks rather inviting right now...
8
9 When I initially installed Gentoo, PAM was also installed. I only
10 removed it later because I just couldn't understand why I need it in the
11 first place. I realized that I don't have *any* use for it whatsoever,
12 so in the true spirit of Gentoo, I disabled that USE flag and did a
13 world update. I don't feel like living in the cave. I feel like I got
14 rid of something I had no use for to begin with.