From: Norman Hakim <desprado_mariachi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enabling Hald services
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:23:15
1 Ward Poelmans <wpoely86@×××××.com> wrote: 2008/6/21 Norman Hakim :
2
3 > Can anyone assists how to enable this services and how to load the kernel
4 > 2.6 so that i can connect my external harddisk.
5
6 I don't understand what you ask? You can start hal with
7 "/etc/init.d/hald start" and with "rc-update add hald default" you can
8 make it start when the PC boots. The kernel will be load when you
9 start your system.
10
11 Ward
12 --
13 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
16 Thank you. After i run this script "/etc/init.d/hald start" and with "rc-update add hald default" using in root and i connect my external harddisk,it detects my external but after i double click to open it,nothing happen,i cant open my external drive.
17
18 My questions from my previous email was when i want to open Removable Media application there is a popup telling me that Volume Management is not supported and asked me to enable hald services.
19
20 Thank you.
21
22 Norman