From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Very small fonts after re-emerging xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:55:08
1 I have something like this:
2
3 Section "Device"
4 Identifier "Card00"
5 Driver "nv"
6 BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
7 Screen 0
8 Option "DPI" "100 x 100" # <-------- this is place to play!
9 EndSection
12 ======= On Wednesday 28 June 2006 18:53, A. R. wrote: =======
13 > After re-emerging that, I restarted xdm/kdm and when I logged in I found all fonts to be quite
14 > smaller... to the level of thinking I had a bigger resolution :P (I use 1024x768 maximum).
15 >
16 > Any idea?
17 >
18 > What information can I provide?
19 >
20 Hi,
21 I used to have the same problems every time I upgraded xorg until I
22 found information about passing the screen dimensions in the xorg.conf
23 file so the server can determine (calculate) the DPI.
24
25 Basically, you can provide the screen dimensions in millimiters in the
26 following manner:
27
28 Section "Monitor"
29 Identifier "CRT-2"
30 VendorName "Sony"
31 ModelName "CDP-G400"
32 DisplaySize 355 264
33 EndSection
34
35 This way you'll get a consistent DPI for your display even after upgrading xorg.
38 Another way of achieving this is, if you do not boot right into
39 KDM/XDM, you log into the console and pass a DPI value when starting
40 xorg:
41
42 startx -- -layout <Your server layout of choice> -dpi 96
43
44 As you can see, in the example I am forcing a DPI of 96.
45
46 Hope this helps.
47
48 - AR
52 If you stare long enough into an abyss, the abyss will stare back into you...
53 --
54 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
58 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list