From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vixie cron
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:50:39
1 On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 1:12 AM, Teng Wang <twang.umn@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hi there,
4 >
5 > I am using vixie cron to maintain my scheduled
6 > jobs. Everything is just fine other than one. I find that
7 > when I use, for example, 0 * * * * /usr/bin/eix-sync to
8 > update the portage everyday, the cron works without any
9 > problem. But I was told by manpage I could still use @daily
10 > instead. So I tried but failed. The system does nothing at
11 > all. It is not a big issue, but I just want to make
12 > sure it has nothing to do with my setting. Furthermore, I
13 > still want to start some program like fetchmail after
14 > reboot. Then I put @reboot in crontab. I also tried, and
15 > failed. Does anybody have any idea about this?
16 >
17 > Best,
18 > --
19 > Teng Wang
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
24 There should be a single text file in /etc/cron.daily/ with the command you
25 want to run daily. Like this:
26
27 $ cat /etc/cron.daily/esync
28 /usr/bin/esync
29
30 You also may need to make the file executable, so chmod +x
31 /etc/cron.daily/esync. Mine syncs daily with this command.
34 - Mark Shields