From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] network trouble
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:26:29
1 On 16 June 2007, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
2 > hello,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to install on a Gigabyte M61PM-S2. that card works well, but
5 > uses some chipsets that are only supported in the latest kernels.
6 >
7 > Network is such a chipset, it's an nvidia nForce 430 chipset that "uses" a
8 > Realtek RTL8211 PHY that, apparently, does not require drivers (if I
9 > understand it rignt it's the nvidia part that has drivers.
10 >
11 > Now the problem I don't understand:
12 >
13 > I've installed from the 2007.0 minimal install CD, using a stage 3.
14 > net-setup finds the card and configures it. It says it uses the forcedeth
15 > module. And it works perfectly, with fast downloads.
16 >
17 > After compiling a kernel (I've used genkernel) and a succesful reboot I
18 > have the following situation:
19 >
20 > the forcedeth module is loaded
21 > revolv.conf and /etc/conf.d/net seem to be OK. They look just the same as
22 > those on my other machine running Sabayon.
23
24 A guess from what I have read on another list: You have a conflict because
25 both drivers (modules) are loaded, the RLT one and forcedeth. If you remove
26 the RLT module, does is work?
27
28 Uwe
31 The Informal Linux Group Namibia: