From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer directfb permissions?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:39:55
1 On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 05:50:01PM +0200, Indi wrote:
2 >
3 > ...using the directfb for vo gives
4 > sterling results, with the worst files playing happily in sync just like
5 > I always dreamed -- but only as root!
6 >
7 > Obviously there's a permissions issue somewhere...
8
9 Oh jeepers, I've made a silly error -- the reason videos were playing so
10 well as root is that root had no .mplayer/config, :)
11 Apparently I just needed to clean up my config file and now it works
12 just fine again with x11 driver. Didn't realize defining a couple of audio
13 and video filters would impact performance that much but apparently it
14 really does, at least with avi and mkv files. Sorry for the noise!
15
16 For other reasons though it might still be nice to know how to give a
17 user directfb permission.
18 :)
21 /\ /\
22 <\ />