From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-power/nut-2.4.3-r2 fails to compile driver
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:43:51
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > That's what I was thinking but when I saw it still listed on the
4 > website I thought it would still be the right one. Maybe you are
5 > right tho, the website is out of date or something. It does list
6 > power panel too tho. I'll give it a try.
7 >
8 > Thanks.
9 >
10 > Dale
11 >
12 > :-) :-)
13
14 Well this doesn't make much sense to me. I did get nut to compile by
15 changing to the *experimental* driver powerpanel. It then wanted to
16 overwrite everything in my config file back to the defaults. Not that
17 it appears the style or settings change but just back to where nothing
18 is set at all. I got past that, mostly anyway. I got all the services
19 restarted, twice I might add. Now it tells me stuff that I know is not
20 even possible. Check out this mess:
21
22 root@smoker / # upsc ups@smoker
24 battery.charge.low: 45
25 device.mfr: CyberPower
26 device.model: rO43
27 device.serial: [unknown]
28 device.type: ups
29 driver.name: powerpanel
30 driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
31 driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
32 driver.version: 2.4.3
33 driver.version.internal: 0.25
34 input.frequency: 62.8
35 input.frequency.nominal: 60
37 input.transfer.low: 88
40 output.voltage: 0
42 ups.beeper.status: enabled
43 ups.delay.shutdown: 0
44 ups.delay.start: 45
45 ups.firmware: 3.100
46 ups.load: 22
47 ups.mfr: CyberPower
48 ups.model: rO43
49 ups.serial: [unknown]
50 ups.status: OL
52 root@smoker / #
53
54 OK. According to this mess, my 24 volt battery is charged to about 50
55 volts or so. I think I would see smoke by now. ;-) Then again, it
56 says the battery is low, 45% charge. Hmmmmm. < Dale scratches his head
57 on this one > The frequency of the line voltage is at 62.8 Hz, that's
58 odd. I also doubt the temp of the UPS is 143F either. I got a fan on
59 it and it usually runs at about 85 to 90 or so.
60
61 I think I'm going to go back to the old version of nut unless someone
62 has a better plan. This new version may compile and install but it
63 appears to need some more work on the coding end. I wish I could get
64 powstatd to work. I used it when I was using Mandrake and it was
65 wonderful. It was small, not to bad to configure and it just plain
66 worked. I could *easily* set it to shutdown when power had been gone
67 for more than 10 minutes too. Out here, if the lights are off more than
68 5 minutes or so, you may as well cut the puter off. It's going to be a
69 hour or two at least.
70
71 Thoughts?
72