From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] splitting audio file at points of silence ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 08:38:45
1 tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to split an audio file containing crow calls at points
5 > where no crow call is. The "silence" in between is not exactly
6 > "silence" but some low level noise.
7 >
8 > Searching the internet for "split audio at silence" and similiar
9 > gives me this link
10 > https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/318164/sox-split-audio-on-silence-but-keep-silence
11 >
12 > which uses a program called "silence" to detect the silence.
13 >
14 > Unfortunately I can't figure out, what package contains that program
15 > or from where I can download that program.
16 >
17 > The input audio is a flac file and I don't want to convert this into
18 > any lossy audio format to preserve as much as possible of the signal.
19 >
20 > Where can I get this program ?
21 >
22 > or
23 >
24 > How can I split an audio file at points of defineable
25 > level of "silence" into several audio files in one go?
28 > Cheers!
29 > Meino
32 It doesn't look good.  Either it isn't available or no one who has it
33 installed uses pfl.  It finds this but I don't think it is what you want.
34
35 http://www.portagefilelist.de/site/query/listPackageVersions/?category=net-irc&package=irssi&do#result
36
37 Mostly replying so that you can check out the pfl tool.  It helps
38 sometimes to find out where a command comes from.  It's handy at times.
39
40 Dale
41