From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: Sebastian Be?ler <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] encrypted email (gentoo-windows)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:15:24
1 On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:09:23PM +0100, Sebastian Be?ler wrote:
2 > Am 25.03.2011 19:51, schrieb James:
3 >
4 > > It's been a while since I set up a mail server, but,
5 > > if that (postfix) is what I need to do, then just tell
6 > > how (overview) the packages you'd use, or is this part of postfix?
7 >
8 > Mail encryption is, as far as I know, something that works on the
9 > client-side only. The mail server doesn't see the encryption, encrypted
10 > mails contain only text, just like every other mail.
11 >
12 > The only encryption that comes in mind on the server side is transport
13 > encryption, aka SSL or TLS. But for that you don't need enigmail or gpg.
14 >
15 > If may answer has nothing to do with your problem, please give me more
16 > information what you have in mind.
17 >
18 > Greetings
19 >
20 > Sebastian Be?ler
23 amavis-new supports signing all outgoing mails with a gpg signature, not that I think
24 it's very relevant to the OP's question. I just wanted to chime in as I haven't posted
25 here in a while :)
26
27 Matt