From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best choice for a dual core
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:44:11
1 On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 02:29:07PM +0200, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Having got a virgin dual core (Intel D 805) I'm about to install Gentoo on it.
5 > I was wondering what would be best. If I understand it right, I could compile
6 > an x86_64 version, but I was thinking it would be more compatible to stay
7 > with the 32bit for now.
8
9 Gentoo amd64 seems very close to x86 as far as the versions of packages,
10 which is nice. I have a dual amd64 machine with 6G that's working just
11 great using the amd64 as the install.
12
13 Alan
16 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
18 "Backups are for people who don't pray." -- big Mike
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list