From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:07:58
1 On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:50:57 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > > I've also been hit by the first, as I think I mentioned. As for the
4 > > other two, re-emerging a binary package won't help at all, because
5 > > it's a binary package, so you unpack it rather than rebuild it.
6 > > That's more a problem with using binary packages on a source distro
7 > > than a fault of python-updater itself.
8 >
9 > Understood and agreed. For OO I couldn't quite get up the interest to
10 > start building from scratch though. Something like 450MB of things to
11 > download and then what, do it again in a week or two? Not worth it for
12 > my needs.
13
14 That shouldn't be a problem with the release frequency of OOo, with LO
15 that's more of a problem.
16
17 At least with OOo/LO you get a better program for the effort of
18 compiling, the open source version of VirtualBox is crippled :(
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.