From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is there a standard sysctl-like way to modify sysfs files at boot time?
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:38:52
1 I want to do this:
2 http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/11/forget-200-lines-red-hat-speed.html
3
4 in userspace, but automate it at boot time. it requires that I create and
5 mount the cgroup subsystem in sysfs and sounds a lot like something that I'd
6 do in sysctl for /proc/sys, but for sysfs rather than procfs.
7
8 The only thing that comes to mind is to append to the local init script, but
9 it's so close to what sysctl does that I feel like someone's probably
10 written some tool for it. Is there one?
11 --
12 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [x] social
13 Response needed: [x] yes [ ] up to you [ ] no
14 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none