From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Use split to break up a 10GB file binary?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:09:48
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 21 June 2011 01:28:05 Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >> I get about 8MB/S download but only about 250KB/S upload.
6 >>
7 > Should those B's be b's? In other words, bits instead of bytes? Or are you
8 > on something much faster than DSL? In either case the S's ought to be s's.
11 > On ADSL I get about 900KB/s down and 60KB/s up.
15 My neighbor has DSL and they get about that. I noticed it the other day
16 when they needed help downloading and installing something. It was
17 ~30Mbs or so and it took only a few seconds to get it. Made my lowly
18 768KBs look really bad. I just thought back to the old dial-up days and
19 3Kbs. lol Yea, OOo and KDE updates were lots of fun.
20
21 I get those case sizes mixed up sometimes too. Maybe it is the pinky
22 that hits the shift key that gets confused. < sighs >
23
24 Dale
25