From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local rsync mirror problem
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:27:25
1 On Tuesday 14 November 2006 13:13, John Blinka wrote:
2 > Hi, all,
3 >
4 > I'm rebuilding a gentoo box from a disk failure, and everything is working
5 > (I think) except restoring its ability to act as my local rsync mirror.
6 > I've
7 > followed the instructions in http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml,
8 > (and they worked fine, of course, before the disk crash)
9 > but clients trying to sync with it get this error message:
10 [SNIP]
11 > @ERROR: Unknown module 'gentoo-portage'
12 > rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
13 > main.c(1296) [rec
14 > eiver=2.6.8]
15 [SNIP]
16 > The /etc/rsyncd.conf file contains:
17 [SNIP]
18 > #[gentoo-portage]
19 [SNIP]
20
21 That shouldn't be commented. Remove the leading #.
22
23 > Any ideas about what's going on?
24
25 Also there's a guide at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml