From: Ralf Stephan <ralf@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TeXlive with non-English hyphenation?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 10:00:08
1 Iain wrote
2 > On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 11:34 +0100, Ralf Stephan wrote:
3 > > Does someone use TeXlive and has encountered and solved
4 > > non-English hyphenation problems? I have tried both babel.sty
5 > > with the german/germanb options and german.sty from the
6 > > package texlive-langgerman, always giving the command
7 > > \selectlanguage{german}
8 >
9 > I don't use texlive, but have you set linguas_de?
10
11 That was a good idea, and necessary to do, thanks.
12 However, latex and pdflatex apparently still don't want to use the
13 language.dat file with the now correct entries. Funnily, xlatex does!
14 So, as workaround I've converted to UTF-8 and use xelatex now.
15
16 Any other ideas?
19 ralf
20 --