From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with Script that sends out HTML emails
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:51:54
1 On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 07:07:23AM +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm writing a bash script that basically checks for stocks prices and I
5 > want the formatted output to be mailed to me. I've got the script
6 > working already. The only problem is the HTML is well, not displayed as
7 > HTML, it's displayed RAW(and not formatted).
8 >
9 > I'm using cron to send the email out.
12 Try using the mail command....
13
14 behold the power of google:
15
16 http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/171
17
18 to put it simply:
19
20 mail -a "Content-type: text/html;" -s "Your Daily Stock Quote" you@××××××.com < filename.html
21
22 HTH
23
24 W
25 --
26 I know that there are people in this world
27 who do not love their fellow man,
28 and I HATE people like that. -- Tom Lehrer
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 35 days, 3:49
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list