From: staticsafe <me@××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mac Mini with Grub booting Mac OSX and Windows?!
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 14:17:44
1 On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:14:13AM -0400, staticsafe wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 04:09:13PM +0200, Tamer Higazi wrote:
3 > > Hi people!
4 > > I have come close, according my profession to buy myself the latest Mac
5 > > Mini Server.
6 > >
7 > > Because I do all of my development stuff on Gentoo and Windows, I am
8 > > highly interested to know if any of you guys is running Mac OS X and
9 > > Windows beside Gentoo and boot from GRUB.
12 > > What I hear all the time from other people, is this "bootcamp"
13 > > application apple has published a while ago. What is this bootcamp?! Is
14 > > this a boot-loader or BIOS ?! What is it?
15 > >
16 > > If I am not really wrong, I suggest, that bootcamp is nothing else as a
17 > > bootloader that does in reality nothing else like GRUB.
21 > > Tamer
24 > "Boot Camp is a multi boot utility included with Apple Inc.'s OS X that
25 > assists users in installing Microsoft Windows operating systems on
26 > Intel-based Macintosh computers. The utility's Boot Camp Assistant
27 > guides users through non-destructive disk partitioning (including
28 > resizing of an existing HFS+ partition, if necessary) of their hard disk
29 > drive and installation of Windows device drivers. The utility also
30 > installs a Windows Control Panel applet for selecting the boot operating
31 > system."
32 >
33 > - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Camp_%28software%29
34 >
35 > You might also want to take a look at rEFIt [0] if you want to boot Linux on
36 > your Mac Mini.
37 >
38 > [0] - http://refit.sourceforge.net/
39
40 Oh apparently rEFIt is no longer actively maintained. Therefore, take a
41 look at rEFInd [0].
42
43 [0] - http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/
44 --
45 staticsafe
46 O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org
47 Please don't top post - http://goo.gl/YrmAb
48 Don't CC me! I'm subscribed to whatever list I just posted on.