From: "Elaine C. Sharpe" <elaine@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating world
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:28:36
1 In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
2 > --20cf3054aa33c36405049f87abd7
3 > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
4 >
5 > On 28 March 2011 10:11, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 >> On Monday 28 March 2011 09:43:47 JM wrote:
8 >> > to-posting?
9 >>
10 >> Neil meant to say "top-posting":
11 >>
12 >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
13 >>
14 >> and
15 >>
16 >> http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
17 >>
18 >> (there are many links if you google about netiquette and usenet etiquette).
19 >>
20 >> BTW, some typos like Neil's are allowed to keep the rest of us on our toes.
21 >> ;-)
22 >> --
23 >> Regards,
24 >> Mick
27 > lol - I'll ask google to alter gmail for me :)
30 It hardly matters I'm sure, since those of us who read this list on
31 usenet with slrn can easily see the incompetent mess kmail makes of mail.
32 Yet it's what most here seem to prefer for some weird reason.
33
34 But yes, top posting does suck -- almost as badly as all the
35 "==20" crap polluting all the kmail users' messages. Almost.
36
37 :)
40 ...she kept arranging and rearranging the rabbit and kind of waving to it. I decided, "this is the person I want to sit next to".