From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] executing a file on a usb thumb drive
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 13:06:47
1 William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I have an encrypted usb thumb drive I use to transfer files from work
3 > (Win10) to home (gentoo) - the encryption and access is via a program
4 > that is stored and executed from the thumb drive.
5 >
6 > Some time back, it became impossible to execute files stored on the
7 > thumb drive.  I found I could get it to work if it was mounted within
8 > the users home directory.  Since the last round of updates that has
9 > become broken as well.
10 >
11 > I presume the culprit is something in eudev/udisks/polkit/elogind
12 > (this is an openrc system)
13 >
14 > Can someone point me to a guide on how to set up executing files from
15 > a usb thumb drive on gentoo?
16 >
17 > Thanks,
18 >
19 > BillK.
26 Mind if I'm nosy for a minute.  I'd like to store files on a USB stick
27 that are encrypted as well.  However, I'd like it to be able to work no
28 matter what OS is used.  I googled but thought it was not possible.  You
29 seem to have found a way to do this, broken at the moment but there's hope.
30
31 Would you share what you are using?  Links maybe??
32
33 Thanks.
34
35 Dale