From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What is starting net.eth1 [not in rc-update]
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 17:50:11
1 On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:36:08AM -0600, Penguin Lover Harry Putnam squawked:
2 > > try putting rc_coldplug="no" in conf.d/udev or /etc/rc.conf i would
3 > > assume the udev init script checks both places
4 >
5 > I can tell you from trying that just now... that is not a good
6 > solution.
7 >
8 > First setting rc_coldplug="no" has some very bad effects:
9 > 1) caused my KVM switch setup to be ignored completely, where as with
10 > with the default "yes" the kvm is recognized soon as I get past
11 > grub
12
13 I believe this is when rc_coldplug="yes" and rc_plug_services="!*" is
14 useful. You enable to coldplugging of modules (and thus drive your
15 kvm) but not start the various services.
16
17 I have rc_plug_services="!net.*" on my laptop.
18
19 > 2) Very strange behavior with the `screen' tool. I call screen and
20 > get started but if I do `C-a c' (which should start another screen)
21 > Instead it prompts me to login and then takes the original screen
22 > so I can only get one screen, completely defeating the purpose of
23 > `screen'.
24
25 That is really strange....
26
27 W
28 --
29 "Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."
30 -- Ross MacDonald
31 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 752 days, 16:30