From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] multilib vs. no-multilib in 64-bit environment
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 04:28:52
1 I think I'll attempt to set up one of my EM64T boxes in 64-bit Gentoo
2 environment, so I've been reading some docs about it. I understand
3 that the multilib profile allows for having 32-bit libraries and being
4 able to run 32-bit binaries, whereas no-multilib restricts you to a
5 purely 64-bit environment with no 32-bit compatibility.
6
7 What would be some of the reasons for setting up a no-multilib
8 profile? Perhaps for a computational workstation that doesnt need any
9 fancy toys or a development system? Are any of you here running on a
10 no-multilib 64-bit profile?
11 --
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list