From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Multi-user login manager
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 23:50:02
1 On 2021-07-13, antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On 13/07/2021 15:07, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> On 2021-07-12, Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >>> On 7/12/21 2:21 PM, antlists wrote:
5 >>>> Two problems - I would like to run without X, but it seems that the
6 >>>> greeters need X to run ...
7 >>
8 >> Yes, they do. Why do you need a "greeter"?
9 >
10 > Well, most modern linux systems boot to a gui login screen,
11
12 None of mine do, but that's a matter of choice.
13
14 > which, aiui, is called a greeter ...
15
16 I've never heard that term. I've always heard them called display
17 managers.
18
19 But, I seem to have gotten this thread mixed up with another where
20 somebody didn't want GUIs at all. I thought when you said "without X"
21 you meant you didn't want a GUI at all and wanted two linux consoles.
22
23 What you meant was you want a multi-seat, pure Wayland system.
24
25 My apologies...