From: Damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to dim the display brightness
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:14:58
1 On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Antonio Quartulli <ordex@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Damian ha scritto:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I cannot find the way to dim the brightness of the display on my
6 >> laptop. It doesn't seem to be nothing useful in /proc/acpi neither I
7 >> can find anything in google.
8 >>
9 >> I would like the brightness of the screen to be dimmed when the
10 >> computer is idle for a certain amount of time. Do you have any clues
11 >> where I can start digging?
12 >>
13 >> Thanks in advance,
14 >> Damian.
17 > It depends on your video driver. First of all, which video card have you
18 > got?
19 Indeed. I have an Nvidia Quadro. Sorry for not specifying that.
20
21 My laptop is a Compaq 8510w.
22
23 > --