From: Erick Guan <fantasticfears@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fcitx crash----something to do with libpng & cairo?
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:09:47
1 check your ~/.config/fcitx/log if you are sure fcitx crashed. Feel free to
2 talk at irc #fcitx
5 On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Jackie <jiangjun12321@×××××.com> wrote:
6
7 > 在 Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:47:56 +0800,Wang Xuerui <idontknw.wang@×××××.com>
8 > 写道:
11 > 2013/4/13 Jackie <jiangjun12321@×××××.com>:
12 >>
13 >>> I am use fcitx for Chinese & after updating few packages today,fcitx just
14 >>> crash on startup and won't work even I start it in a terminal.I searched
15 >>> through Internet and figured it that this may have some thing to do with
16 >>> update libpng and cairo.One way out,however,may be just downgrade libpng
17 >>> &
18 >>> cairo,which seem to involve tons of recompilation of related packages(got
19 >>> that after mask the update & emerge libpng cairo -pv). So,anyone met
20 >>> this &
21 >>> got a better solution?
22 >>> BTY,using fcitx 4.2.7,libpng-1.6.1:0/16 and cairo-1.12.14. HELP ME OUT:(
23 >>>
24 >>>
25 >> I'm also a fcitx user, but my box has the stable versions of libpng
26 >> and cairo as I checked just now. So I suppose your crashes are related
27 >> to the ~KEYWORDed dependencies.
28 >>
29 >> If you have enough free time, you may try to debug the crash with gdb
30 >> and report the issue to upstream... this way the developers will know
31 >> about the breakage and come up with a patch, which benefits other
32 >> fcitx users running ~KEYWORD systems as well.
33 >>
34 >> Sorry for my poor English:(
35 > But I am afraid that I'm not capable of fixing it myself due to my
36 > familiarity with Gentoo and debuging a program.Tried to downgrade libpng &
37 > cairo today but no luck.The downgrade seems to result in a slot,caused by
38 > kdelibs and other packages dependencies & I doubt whether it is a
39 > solution.I've here got the snapshot of the infomation got after masking
40 > libpng-1.6.1 & cairo-1.12.14.Hell No!
46 Regards,
47
48 Erick Guan/管啸 (fantasticfears)