From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why my system is keeping old kernel around?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:48:50
1 On 28/04/2013 18:06, Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 09:29 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> Do you have them in your world file?
4 >
5 > I've noticed a few time before that gentoo-sources occasionally ends up
6 > in my world file with a specific version (rather than just being
7 > unversioned, like most packages in world). This will cause depclean to
8 > leave those versions installed.
9 >
10 > I've never determined what I am doing that causes that to get there with
11 > the specific version, but I've noticed it gets in there sometimes. I
12 > just remove it from the file and continue, but perhaps one day I'll
13 > figure out when (and why) it's getting in there in the first place.
16 By far the most likely cause is you type
17
18 emerge =gentoo-sources-<something>
19
20 and forget to use the -1 option. It's the same thing that results in
21 packages called *lib* in world
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com