From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VNC problems
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:22:09
1 On Saturday 24 February 2007 13:38, Gyuszk wrote:
2
3 > All in all: I want to connect (using TightVNC Win32) to the existing
4 > DISPLAY:0 (gnome) session. Is it possible?
5
6 I think you need a VNC server that allows connections to display :0 (eg,
7 the "real" display).
8 Portage offers x11vnc and xf4vnc to do that. Also, back in the XFree86
9 days, the standard realvnc server used to provide a x0vncserver or a X
10 module to enable viewing the real X display. I never used it and don't
11 know whether it still works that way with xorg. More info here:
12
13 http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/x0.html
14
15 hth